There are 7 Habits
, which can be subdivided into 21 Behaviours
. We have put together over 150 Activities
to stimulate these behaviours.
The 7 Habits build on from those developed from the UK Government Foresight Project (which was aimed at developing well being amongst the population). They are:
- Keep learning
- Be active
- Take notice
- Nurture yourself
- Feel good
The programme is designed to help you:
You may also learn:
- Learn about the 7 habits and 21 principles to maximise your chances of ageing well
- Activate, nurture and live the 7 habits and 21 principles
- Create change in your life
- Assess your own level of ability in each of the principles
- Formulate objectives appropriate to your own life
- Develop a plan for implementation
- Develop a plan for review of progress
- Maintain a healthy brain
- Live better or more fully
- Deal with whatever life may bring
- Feel good
- Be healthy
- Develop enjoyment and happiness
- Do good for others and society - become a useful person
- Be able to love more
- Achieve much (or all) of what you want before you die
- Gain insight into yourself and the truths of life
- Become at peace with the world
- Improve, optimise, reform or sculpt what you have
- Develop wisdom
- Slow age related cognitive decline
- That your brain is much more widespread through your body than your head
- How to harness the power of all 3 of your brains
- That by changing your self you will change society
- That life gets better the more you live it
- How to continue to develop
- How to make the best of what you have got
- How to be happy with who you are
The purpose of this programme is to help us age in the best way – to enjoy the process and to be happier.
Helping us learn how to maintain healthy brains and happy worthwhile lives.
We have a greater understanding of the ageing process than at any other time in the history of human beings. We still have much left to explore, but this programme is a good starting point in the adventure of our lives. By establishing the 7 Habits and following the 21 principles, it is likely that we will be in an excellent position to age well to the best of our abilities.
This programme is deliberately not meant to be prescriptive - there cannot be a single method that suits us all. The programme has been written as a personal journey - the aim is to stimulate each of you to find your own pathway.
Use the programme to stimulate your imagination and to act as a springboard for searching out further information that is appropriate to your personal journey.